Thursday, November 19, 2009

You just gotta work through it

That's my motto for the week.

Last Saturday Christian and I took Madeline to a b-day party for one of her classmates at one of the inflatable/hoppity places. I enjoy taking her to the parties because I get to be social and have adult conversation while the kids play. Anyhow, the party started at 3pm. At 3:45ish someone came over and said we could go to the "room" where the party was. I was holding the baby so a friend carried the car seat while we walked over there. I walked in and WHOOSH! Did I mention I was holding the baby? In a VERY quick moment of "OMGosh" realizing I was going to fall I said to myself "it's the baby or me...it'll HAVE to be me." Please God, just don't let my baby get hurt in this fall.

Well, one leg goes out in front of me and then I fall HARD on my other leg which then goes out to the side and behind me. O.U.C.H. Thankfully, I held on to the baby tight and kept him upright so he didn't fall but O.M.Gosh. I can already see a bruise on my knee and it's swelling. Oh and my pride...it's bruised too since everyone saw me fall .

Yep, the floor was WET. Wetter than wet, really. They had mopped and there was NO "wet floor" sign thing. This COULD have been avoided!

To make my long story shorter, we decided that I needed to have it looked and x-rayed. My wonderful neighbor said she'd take me to urgent care while Terry took her daughter home with him, Madeline and the baby. Terry talked to the owner of the place and he all but told him for us to file suit. There was definitely some gross negligence here so I intend to do that. Why should WE have to pay for all of this?

If you're still with me, I'm sure you're wondering how my motto ties into this. They did x-rays but found no broken bones (yet...dr said it could take days for a fracture to show up??). The doctor sent me home on crutches and said to stay off of my feet. He told me all HE would recommend for pain is Tylenol and that I'd need to talk to the pediatrican for something stronger because I'm nursing. Lovely.

Hang tight kids...I'm getting there.

So let's recap...

Wet floor, no warning sign. I fell and hurt myself. Doctor decides I need to be on crutches. I have a 2-month old.

Does anyone see where I'm going with this?

Yep, I just gotta work through the pain. While the crutches were a great idea in theory, the reality is I have a 2-month old. I can't use crutches and carry him. I have to get in/out of the car and get HIM in/out of the car in the car seat. Tell me HOW I can do that while on crutches. So, out the window those things have gone...they're just really not an option. :( Luckily I have a very understanding friend who's our pediatrician and she called in something for the pain. I still hurt but at least I'm not hunched over and incapacitated. I mean I have things I HAVE to do, you know?

Sadly, I haven't been able to do any deals this week but I can tell you what I *would* do if I felt like doing all of the walking. I'll break it down by store...

Sprouts Farmer's Market:
You HAVE to check this place out if you have one! On Wednesdays it's double ad mania! You get the sale prices from last week AND this week's ads! It's Thursday now so no need to mention what last week's deals were but here's what I hope to have Terry pick up for me this weekend when HE can do my shopping (LOL)...
Boneless/Skinless chicken breast 1.49/lb
Whole pineapple 99c/each (if these are Dole pineapples I'll use 75c q's making them 24c!)
Zuchinni/Squash 77c/lb
Whole Celery 77c/each
Pecan halves 4.99/lb

Randall's:
Quaker granola bars 99c/each box (use flyer coupon)
Cokes $2.99/12pk (must buy 5)
Dole canned crushed pineapple 20oz $1/each
Breakfast sausage 99c/each (part of $5cat WYB $25 deal)
Betty Crocker sugar cookie pouches $1.50/each (part of $5 cat deal use Cellfire, Shortcuts.com and the internet printable)
McCormick gravy mixes 99c/each (part of $5 cat deal)
5lb California cuties 4.88
7-Up 2L 3/$1 (must buy 3)
King's Hawaiian rolls 2/$3 (must buy 2 use store coupon)
Cottonelle 12pk double rolls 4.99 WYB 3 (use store coupon, 25c Cellfire coupon and $1 Cottonelle printable)
And of course they have an AWESOME diaper deal now...
$7.99 (w/store coupon) for Huggies/Pampers mega packs
Combine this with the $1.50 Shortcuts.com coupon, the $3/2 Cellfire coupon and some manufacturer coupons and you've got a STEAL on some diapers!

Target:
Turkey/Roaster deal: Get a $15 gift card WYB the 18qt Rival Roaster and a 10lb or more turkey. Butterball turkeys are 88c/lb this week.
Buy (1) 18-qt. Rival Roaster at $27.00
Buy (1) 10-lb. Butterball Turkey at $8.80 (use $2 off any Butterball turkey coupon here)
This makes the roaster $18.80 after the gift card which is a GREAT deal!
Up&Up Baby Wipes tub 1.55 (use $1 Target coupon)
Log Cabin syrup (NO corn syrup here!) (use 55c hangtag & 50c Target coupon)
Del Monte canned veggies 45c each (use $1/8 from 11/8 RedPlum insert & $1/6 Target coupon makes them 20c/each WYB 8)
Ritz crackers 2.50 (use $1/1 Target coupon here and $1/1 Ritz coupon here to make them 50c/box)
12-pk Pepsi products are on sale at HEB 5/$11 and Target will price match
(use $1/12-pk Pepsi Target coupon here)
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter tubs 1.87 (use 75c here and 75c Target coupon here to make them 37c/each!)
Dole Bagged Salad 2.29 (use $1/1 Target coupon here and $1/2 Dole Salad coupon here to make them 79c/each)


HEB: (not much this week)
Sweet potatoes 19c/lb

So that sums it up for this week. With Terry's birthday, Thanksgiving and Black Friday all being next week I don't know I'll have much time to post but I do hope to get some of these great Black Friday deals (the ones I plan on doing) posted sometime this weekend. If I don't get to that, I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: