Friday, April 18, 2008

It never hurts to ask!

Don't think I'm snobby when I say this but I was impressed with myself and how cheap I am today.

I bit the bullet and bought the tile saw today. After all the research I did I picked the one I thought would best do the job so back to the tool store I went. I figured I'd ask if they ever had % off coupons like Bed, Bath & Beyond and Linens-N-Things do. What could it hurt to ask, right? Well, it's a good thing I asked! Just for asking I got another 15% off of the sale price!

Retail price of saw $299.99
Sale price of saw $189.99
Janey's price $161.50

Do you see that? That's almost half of the retail price! WOOHOO!

I probably wasted $30 in gas driving back and forth to the store getting it but the "high" I got from getting such a great deal is what matters, right?

The box definitely wouldn't fit in my little car so I called my husband and switched cars with him. I guess he forgot that the HUGE antique wicker baby stroller (for photography props) was in the back of the Jeep so I drove all the way back over to the store not knowing this . I have to drive back home and by this time it's almost 4pm. It's Friday. Most people leave work early on Friday. Anyone see where I'm going with this?

Madeline and I get back to the house right before 5. Like the 500,000 other people on the road, my loving husband decided to leave work early today to come get the kids and take them swimming so I could go back to get the saw alone. Yes, all by my lonesome! There's a catch to going alone though. I have to stop and get a birthday present at Target for one of the parties we're going to tomorrow. Hmmm...getting the saw and a trip to Target...ALONE! I think I can handle that. ;)

I got the saw and decided to check out Big Lots next door thinking maybe they have something "cheap" for the present. I was wrong on that thought but, I did pick up Hooked on Handwriting for Madeline for less than half of retail!

It's Target-time now baby! Now let me tell you, when your husband tells you to pick up a present but goes so far as to mentioning that the parents requested that gifts be truck-related AND educational, well, that's where things get a little tricky. Luckily I was able to cover both of those stipulations AND save $5 while doing it (there's a $5/$25 toy purchase Target coupon good through October 2008!!). Ahhh...saved almost 50% on the saw, over 50% on the HOH and now 20% on the gift. Things are looking good for the day, right?

Well, I suppose so. I decided since I was at the Target next to our gym I'd just pick up a new top (reg $8.99 on sale for $6) and a pack of undies (6 for $5.99) and take a shower at the gym...use their water and save mine. ;) So after taking my shower I notice there's an extra pair of my husband's underwear in the swim bag. Hmm...how cheap AM I???

Yep, you guessed it. Instead of breaking open that new pack of undies I just paid $5.99 (plus tax) for I decide to put that pair of his (clean, of course LOL) whitey tighties on instead.

Yes, I am indeed CHEAP!

No comments: