Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm your daughter

I went out shopping today for a tile/wet saw to use to cut the travertine tile we purchased for our bathrooms last weekend. I thought this would be an easy task but I'm even more confused than I was before.

I know I need a minimum of 1.5hp but goodness gracious it's much more complicated than just how much horsepower does this slicing machine have! Some of these things only cut up to 12" diagonally. We have 18"x18" tiles. Oy!

While I was out looking for a saw I decided to hit a couple of CVS stores hoping to score a (better than) free monitor or two. I striked out but I did manage to get a rain check at one store. That store was chock-full of the Softsoap that's free after ECB's this month but I didn't feel like messing with them. Can you believe that?!?!

Oh and I almost forgot! Yesterday, I was sitting on the sofa with Madeline after she got out of the bathtub. She was talking about her upcoming birthday (in July but she's a planner like her daddy LOL) and she was very detailed about it all...

M: I'm going to be one, two, three FOUR (counting out on her fingers) years old, Mom.
Me: Yes you are! You're getting to be such a big girl!
M: Kira, Aria, Samantha, Megan and Sophie are going to come to my party!
Me: Okay.
M: When I was 3 I had a Care Bear cake. I think I'll have Hello Kitty when I'm 4.
Me: Okay. So you want mommy to make a Hello Kitty cake this year?
M: Yes, and Hello Kitty plates, napkins, hats, balloons and Hello Kitty everything.
Me: Okay, we can do that. I love you so much my little snuggle bunny.
M: I'm not your snuggle bunny. I'm your daughter.

I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing when she said this. It was so funny at the time but reflecting on it now it saddens me because I realize how much my baby is growing up. :( My little girl is blossoming into this beautiful person who is intelligent, thoughtful, caring, passionate and wondefully affectionate. I am truly amazed that I created this human being!

No comments: