Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The call that started it all

My husband called laughing hysterically this afternoon. He said they were talking about me on the radio. The "DJ" was talking about being in line at Target behind a woman who had a cartful of items and with coupons wound up paying only a few dollars. She asked the woman how she did this and the woman mentioned The Grocery Game and told her about printing coupons from the kiosks at the front of the store. My husband insisted that this woman must have been me. His reasoning...it was at Target (alright, I so do shop there a LOT) and the conversation revolved around getting things for next to nothing (okay, so I frequently come home with bags full of items I got for "free."). I swore up and down it wasn't me.

It wasn't. Really. However, I can't say that I haven't had a cartful of stuff at Target (or anywhere else for that matter) and not walked out paying pennies on the dollar. I'll admit it, I'm a bargain-shopping addict. I get enjoyment out of walking out of a store with bags full of loot that cost me next to nothing.

So my husband keeps insisting that I need to start a blog. I think to myself "what on EARTH would I write about that people would actually want to read???" His answer? All of my couponing trips spiced up with my "everday life." In his words "who wouldn't want to read about that?"

While I am still trying to grasp the concept of complete strangers being even remotely interested in MY muslings my husband has somehow convinced me that I have nothing to lose. So, here goes a whole new world to me...blogging.

I hope to provide you with information about all sorts of things from what's free at CVS this week (here you go, Christina...I heart you!) to the house projects I'm doing to what's going on with the kids...and everything in between. Please feel free to drop me a comment if you have any suggestions for topics!

So, stay tuned...

No comments: