Sunday, April 20, 2008

I'm rubbing off on my husband

Last night I was hungry. I was really tired and didn't want to go out anywhere so my loving husband said he'd go pick something up for all of us. His question...what do you want?

Have you ever been so hungry you're beyond knowing what exactly it is that you want? Chuy's sounded good. Pizza sounded good. Cheesecake sounded great. Anything I saw on TV was appetizing and I was driving everyone crazy by making them watch the food commercials instead of fast-forwarding through them.

My husband got his fill of my indecisiveness and said he was going out and he'd just surprise me. Hmmm...okay but if you go here I want this or if you go there I want this. Yeah, that didn't work because he just ignored me.

Anyway, he and Madeline left to go get food. She said she wanted spaghetti so I assumed he was going someplace like Fazoli's or a pizza place. He called me and said "hey, don't ask any questions but I get a baked potato with this, what do you want on it?" Um, okay...so now I'm thinking they're at Saltgrass across the street and my mouth starts watering for a yummy salad and a baked potato.

Shortly after his call he came home. In he walks with this big (and I mean HUGE) Barnes & Noble bag so I'm scratching my head thinking maybe they didn't get food and just went to get books.

Nope, they didn't get books. They went to the Starbucks cafe inside of B&N and got yummy chocolate cake, chocolate cupcakes and (best of all) carrot cake cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory! YUM-O!

He went back out to the car and came in with 2 pizza boxes from the local pizza place.

So you ask why the title says I'm rubbing off on him? Well, when he was at B&N he had ordered a piece of the chocolate cake, a cupcake and a piece of the cheesecake when the barista mentions that all of their desserts are buy 5 get 1 free. So, being married to the deal-meister my husband decides if he buys 2 more items he'll get 1 free and that'll make me even happier.

Yes, he's learning well. :)

No comments: